You own an old building? The new eSMART technology Z-Wave now adapts to your old radiators! The module enables heating control remotely without changing the old installation. Installed together with the eSMART plug inside a junction box, the eSMART module Z-Wave communicates with the thermostatic head of the radiator using Z-Wave technology.
This is the Z-Wave radio protocol developed for home automation (lighting, heating, opening sensors, etc.). Z-Wave communicates using weak radio waves on the 868.42 MHz frequency band and was designed specifically for home automation applications.
Z-Wave can be easily integrated into electronic consumer devices. This also applies to battery-powered devices such as remote controls, smoke detectors and security sensors.
eSMART has developed a control board that makes use of Z-Wave technology. This connects to the radiator, whose traditional control valve has been replaced with a new thermostatic head. The module enables intelligent, wireless regulation of heating. It can be easily installed in the box of an eSMART plug and is only about 2 mm thicker than the original module.
From now on, eSMART adapts to your new or old heating system and brings new comfort to your home.
- A backlit LCD display to show the temperature set point.
- Two buttons to adjust the set temperature up and down in 0.5 °C increments. These buttons can be deactivated (“child lock”).
- If the temperature setting is changed using the buttons on the thermostatic head, the new temperature value is forwarded to the eSMART interface.
- Intelligent sleep mode. The LCD display remains active for a short moment after switching on and then goes out. The valve “wakes up” at regular intervals to retrieve any new temperature setpoints.
- Compatible with the scenarios and remote operation (application eSMART-live); adjustable set point and display of the current temperature on the eSMART touch screen or smartphone!
- Compatible with all radiator valves. Two sets of mounting accessories are included for the most common modern valve types. For other valve types of older systems, adapters can be ordered from the manufacturer.
- Power supply: 2 AA alkaline batteries