eSMART has been entrusted to install its intelligent home management system in 28 apartments in the Vergers eco-neighbourhood in Meyrin (Geneva). The eco-neighbourhood is located in the Geneva – Saint-Genis cross-border agglomeration, an extension of the village and town of Meyrin. With good public transport links, it is close to key employment areas such as the Meyrin-Satigny (ZIMEYSA) industrial zone, CERN and Geneva International Airport. Its situation on a gentle slope offers extensive views over outstanding scenery which includes the Jura mountains and surrounding landscape.
Following an appeal by the municipality of Meyrin for cooperative organisations to be awarded numerous building rights, the Polygones cooperative was selected to construct one of the eco-neighbourhood’s buildings. The jury was particularly impressed by Polygones’ project as it offered bother creativity and innovation, a sensitive approach towards social and environmental matters and strong member commitment. In October 2013 Polygones also organised an architectural design competition in order to chose a building project. Bonhôte Zapata architects were chosen to implement the Polygones project in the Vergers eco-neighbourhood.
The eSMART solution installed in the apartments makes day-to-day life easier by combining all home tasks onto one easy-to-use dashboard.
– Videophone for secure access control.
– Energy consumption is displayed in real-time for hot water and heating and stored in the history allowing you to avoid any nasty surprises.
– Room-by-room temperature control, to the nearest degree, for maximum comfort.
– The « going on holiday » mode automatically turns down the heating while you are away / on holiday.
– Remote shutter management in all apartments.
– Stay connected with your Smartphone or tablet thanks to our free eSMART Live application. http://app.myesmart.com
Location : Meyrin, Geneva
Features: videophone, heating, energy use display, local news, shutters and remote management.